Jadon Sancho and Timo Werner’s record of hat-trick assists has been joined by Barcelona star player Lionel Messi!
He set the staggering record with Barcelona’s win against Real Betis, coming up to a score of 3-2. Previously, the record had been set by Bundesliga star players Jadon Sancho and Timo Werner – and now Messi has equalled that record.
Messi has won the Ballon d’Or six times and he is undoubtedly one of the best players the world has seen. He’s one of the greatest goalscorers to have played the game. However, the king of Barcelona is much more than just goals. He also holds the record for producing the most assists in Europe in the last five seasons.
He can inspire a game without even scoring a single goal, as was the case against Real Betis last weekend.
Here are some other brilliant stats by Messi!
- Most goals in a calendar year (including club friendlies): 96 goals (2012)
- Only player to score and assist in 6 different club competitions in a calendar year: 2011
- Most goals scored in Club World Cup Finals: 4 goals (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)
- Only footballer to score 60+ goals in all competitions in 2 consecutive seasons (2011/12 and 2012/13)
- Most hat-tricks in UEFA Champions League: 8 hat-tricks (shared with Cristiano Ronaldo)
Cheers to Messi, the king of Barcelona!